This is the website of the HETET SCHOOL OF MAORI ART.
Our mailing address is: PO BOX 31 021 LOWER HUTT 5011.
Our physical address is 58 Guthrie Street Waiwhetu LOWER HUTT.
You can send us an e-mail through the Contacts page or call us at NZ (64) 04 970 7810.
At the HETET SCHOOL OF MAORI ART (HSOMA), we recognise the importance of protecting your personal information.
CONSENT FOR COLLECTION AND DISCLOSURE
A student may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an e-mail asking to de-register from our student list. Please note that, if you do, HSOMA may suspend its provision of products and services to you, including any access to its Online Communities.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND USE
The HSOMA collects, at the time of your registration with, and/or sign-on to its website and other Internet services (such as its Online Communities), certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) which may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
When you send us an email, we will retain the content of the mail, your email address, and our response in order to address any questions and follow-up questions you may have. We may also use the information to design offers customised to your interests. For example, you may receive a special offer for courses or events we think would be of interest to you.
We do not sell your name or other private information to third parties. From time to time, we may engage third parties to perform functions or process information on our behalf. Examples of such third parties include consultants, database designers, customer support specialists, Web hosting companies and/or fulfilment companies (e.g., companies that coordinate mailings). Such third parties may be provided with access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but are not allowed to use such information for any purpose unrelated to their specific job on behalf of the HSOMA. These third parties are required to comply with our confidentiality and privacy policies when processing this information.
HSOMA does not use any information obtained via its ownership and moderating of any of its Online Communities for any commercial use. Indeed, HSOMA created those communities to provide you with an extraordinary and unique online experience and so you can share and learn with other HSOMA students.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION
HSOMA collects and uses information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand student needs regarding HSOMA services;
- to develop and provide our website and our products and services for our students;
- to fulfil your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with students and site visitors when necessary, and to inform students of other products available from HSOMA;
- to allow clients to access limited-entry areas of HSOMA websites (including its Online Communities);
- to personalise some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertising and offers from HSOMA;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- when legally obligated to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request, such as via warrant or court order;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the HSOMA website(s) or any HSOMA product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of HSOMA, including the security or integrity of the HSOMA site(s); and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning HSOMA’s site, products and services.
HSOMA also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes, including but not limited to generating statistics and developing marketing plans. We may also share anonymous, aggregated information about our users with third parties.
WHAT ABOUT LINKS?
DO YOU HAVE SECURITY?
We implement various security measures to protect the privacy of your personal information, both online and offline. If you have any questions about security at our website, please contact us using the Contacts page.
WHAT ABOUT BUSINESS TRANSFERS?
As we continue to develop our business, we might create new business structures or sell certain of our entities or assets. In such transactions, user information, including personally identifiable information, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personal information on the website you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances.
DO YOU WORK WITH ADSERVER COMPANIES?
No, we do not currently partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to our website is an excellent one and that your privacy is constantly respected. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us via the contact form on the Contacts page or call us at (04) 970 7810.